Enterprise Connect Break Out Session: Cloud Contracts – Good, Bad & Ugly
Enterprise Connect –
As cloud communications gains appeal and more providers get into the market, what are the do’s and don’ts from a procurement perspective? In this session, experts and those who have been through the process of contracting for Hosted PBX and other cloud communications services offered their advice about what to include, what to exclude, and what to beware of when you’re negotiating a deal and writing a contract for a Hosted Communications service. Attendees got practical advice that will help to get the best deal on the right type of service for their enterprise.
- What are the key elements of a contract for a Hosted Service? What are the most important deliverables, terms and conditions to include (or to watch for) in a Hosted Services contract?
- How do you benchmark different carriers’ offers, and how do you make apples-to-apples comparisons?
- What are the elements of a good SLA (service level agreement) for Hosted/Cloud Services?
- What is the typical length of a Hosted Services contract, and how do you protect yourself against vendor lock-in?
- How is contracting for a Hosted Service similar to contracting for carrier wide-area network services, and how is it different?