Mr. Whittle represents clients in transactional issues in telecommunications and related high-technology industries in a practice spanning more than 25 years. On behalf of Fortune 500 companies and other large, sophisticated telecommunications users, he negotiates agreements to purchase large packages of customized telecommunications and high-technology services, as well as comprehensive technology and business process outsourcing agreements.
He was a pioneer in negotiating large purchases of voice and data services since the early days of deregulation, and since then, he has handled scores of transactions involving virtually every significant provider of telecommunications.
Patrick also represents technology companies and users in negotiating agreements in areas such as licensing, manufacturing, retailing, satellite transponder leases, dark fiber leases, collocation, rooftop and antenna space leasing, call center services, billing platform services, and IRUs. Patrick also advocates on clients' behalf in a broad spectrum of federal and state regulatory proceedings affecting the rights and obligations of telecommunications service users.
- Negotiated many multi-year, multinational telecommunications services, network, management and equipment agreements on behalf of various Fortune 500 and other large users, including manufacturers, retailers, financial services companies, insurance companies, airlines, professional services companies, defense contractors, a major outsourcing provider, entertainment and content companies, a pharmaceuticals company, a chemical company and multi-industry firms
- Negotiated multi-year technology and business process outsourcing transactions involving various companies, including a multinational financial services corporation, multiple international manufacturers, a regional triple-play communications provider, and a global multi-industry defense and aviation company
- Negotiated the first major interstate and international custom telecommunications services deal with AT&T (on behalf of an automobile manufacturer) and proceeded to negotiate the next two agreements for similar services on behalf of a major financial services company and international airline
- Led workout of a multi-year IT and network outsourcing with customer in Chapter 11
- Negotiated a 30-year exclusive supply agreement for aviation components in connection with $1 billion divestiture of conglomerate's aircraft consumable-parts division
- Handled all telecommunications matters on behalf of a major provider of brokerage and trading services, a major provider of transaction-processing services, and a major multinational retailer
- Negotiated licensing and outsourcing agreements in connection with development of an online spot market for a consortium of nationwide dairy providers
- Negotiated manufacturing and licensing agreements on behalf of a major electronics manufacturer
- Developed form counterparty agreements for bandwidth and voice trading enterprises
- Developed online terms of service for various web-based service providers
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, J.D.
- Harvard College, A.B.